Dyer

Dyer is a hidden Gem!  

Dyer holds the Ideal Section of the Historic Lincoln Highway (US 30), which has been featured on many travel shows and specials about the Lincoln Highway, including one recently on WTTW, a local PBS station based in Chicago.

I've seen many changes to Dyer through the years, including a booming growth in population.  Dyer belongs to St John Township, which is a part of the Lake Central School Corporation.  

Some of my favorite places in Dyer to shop and eat are Hog Haven (the best pork chop I've ever had!), Meyer's Castle (which I grew up calling it Meyer's Mansion back in the 80s), Pops Italian Beef, and Rob's Meats.  The Dyer-Schererville Library is on US 30 just into Schererville.  Dyer also has its own Starbucks, located in the Jewel Osco parking lot.  Tons more vibrant places to eat along the Lincoln Highway include local, independent restaurants, quick fast food bites and even chain restaurants.  There is also the Midwest Training Center and Ice Arena, off White Oak Avenue near 109th, which is popular for ice skating, hockey, training and gymnastics.  Dyer has so much to offer, with close access to major highways and expressways, tons of shopping, and a down home feel.  

Links:

Lake Central School Corporation

Dyer Chamber of Commerce

Town of Dyer Website

Dyer Town Council Members

Search Dyer Homes for Sale

Greater NW Indiana listings last updated Dec 17, 2017 7:06:pm.

Today's Market Trends for Dyer *

$364,570

-0.1%

$128.0000

0%

November

October

-0.13%

-0.15%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable

* All data pertains to single-family homes